[Typo3] Helping new users - was [menu item image gets cut off or truncated]

Christopher bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 20:17:52 CEST 2005

On 21/10/05, Vincent <typo3 at crel.us> wrote:

> > >When it does not appear that the community is willing to spend 2 or
> > >3 minutes to save a newbie days, it makes one concerned that they are
> > >going to be ignored and completely on their own if they choose typo3 and
> > >have a show stopping problem that they cannot solve on their own.

I'd like to remind you that four separate people answered your thread
and suggested solutions. Just because nobody was actually able to
_solve_ your problem doesn't mean that no one is "...willing to spend
2 or 3 minutes..." to help or that you're being "ignored". I think
that's actually a pretty dishonest characterization of the response to
your question.

I'd also like to point out that Typo3 is complex enough that without
having access to the BE of a site in question, it's sometimes
_extremely_ dfficult to pin down where a the source of a problem
actually lies. I've never had _any_ problem like the one you
encountered with the GIFBUILDER object and maybe neither had anyone
else who read your message; does this indicate some kind of systemic
problem with the community?

-Christopher