[Typo3] toggle caching inside USER content object code

Sean Ellis sellis at telus.net
Fri Oct 21 16:47:57 CEST 2005

Simon Tuck wrote:
> Sean Ellis wrote:
>>
>> I have some content provided by a php script. Sometimes it ought to be
>> cached, and sometimes, depending on the records retrieved, not. I
>> think that I've read about this, but can't remember where; what should
>> I be looking at to toggle caching inside a USER or USER_INT script?
>>

> USER_INT is a non-cached script. Just as COA_INT is a non-cached Content
> Object.
> The trick to remembering that is that USER_INT in't cached... ;)

Hi Simon, and thanks for the reply. I'm not sure that I understand what
you're suggesting. My issue is that when I call the script I don't know
in advance whether it should be cached or not. I was wondering (hoping)
that there would be some way of toggling the cache or no-cache from
inside the php code; ie. my code is defined as a USER object, but if the
code determines that the none of the retrieved content is 'dynamic' then
caching is switched on and I have the benefit of a cached page,

cheers,

Sean

--
And Lucy, dear child, mind your arithmetic...  What would
life be without arithmetic, but a scene of horrors?