[Typo3] Is 2000ms parsetime normal?

Dmitry Dulepov typo3 at fm-world.ru
Fri Oct 21 09:41:22 CEST 2005

Hi!

joonas at luckydreamer.com wrote:
> is 1000-2000ms non-cached parsetime normal in Typo3? When cached, my pages
> show 200-1000ms parsetime in the Admin Panel. I  have 3.8.0 and some extensions.
>
> Is this ok or do I have a poorly optimized system..?

Depending on a number of extensions on the page it can be either normal
or not. The more extensiosn you have, the higher is parsing time. Also
USER_INT extensions will slow down rendering a lot because their output
is not cached.

However you can significally speed up typo3 if you install turck mmcache
or its successor eAccelerator. It gave over 10x increase in speed for me.

> There seems to be a few errors also, for which I can't find any information
> from the internet... does somebody know what these are? In Admin Panel
> I see the following. At Parse template:
>
> "{$plugin.cwt_community.file.icon_userlist_male},{$plugin.cwt_community.file.icon_userlist_female},{$plugin.cwt_community.pid.icons},{$plugin.cwt_community.iconReplacement},{$plugin.cwt_community.maxIdleTime}:
> Constants may remain un-substituted!! "
>
> What is this? I don't have cwt_community installed. I do have chc_forum, and I
> understand these extensions are somehow related? Could this be a bug in
> chc_forum
> (I have 1.3.4 I think) or something else?

Seems like one of the plugins uses these constants but does not declare
dependency on cwt_community. This is a error of that extension.

> In addition, I have two "is not a file" errors. Are these anything to worry
> about?
>
> 1. "typo3conf/ext/rf_content_comments/pi2/class.tx_rfcontentcomments_pi2.php" is
> not a file (non-uploads/.. resource, did not exist).
> 2. "uploads/tx_jkpoll/" is not a file (non-uploads/.. resource, did not exist).

These two extensions also seem to have errors: probably they did not
declare that corresponding directories must be created when extension is
installed.

Dmitry.