[Typo3] Contents Storing in mysql database.

Dmitry Dulepov typo3 at fm-world.ru
Thu Oct 20 12:56:48 CEST 2005

Hi!

Grunde Løvoll wrote:
> So is there any document describing the overall architecture of Typo3
> (birds view)? And will this(e) document(s) give me strong hints on where
> to look for further information?

This will not be easy :) You probably need "Inside Typo3", "Typo3 Core
APIs" and "TSRef". These three are the main.

> Example: If I want to create "custom" data structures (document
> objects), where do I look for details?

You can do it differently depending on what you want to do with this
object. If you do not need any custom procressing for it but want only
visual representation, I would suggest to go with TemplaVoila extension
and its Flexible Content Elements. Thay do perfectly this task: you
define a structure and map striucture to the visual elements.

However if you want custom processing or totally custom display for your
structure (like displaying text as image under some angle), you need to
make an extension. There is a tutorial document about it named "Creating
a basic extension".

> Sorry, I don't intend to hijack the thread, but I'm sort of lost in the
> fantastic world of Typo3 and it's documentation :-)

It'll take time :) Be ready to spend month or two. If you manage it,
you'll never be sorry for it. :)

Dmitry.