[Typo3] TYPO3, UTF8 and Chinese

Christian Melchior christian at wildside.dk
Thu Oct 20 12:31:23 CEST 2005

Hello

I am in the process of finetuning Typo3 for a chinese learning site (a
mix of chinese and danish), and have run into a few problems:

- RealURL doesn't work with chinese characters?
- Graphical menu's doesn't show anything?

I have set the following in localconf.php:
$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['BE']['forceCharset'] = "utf-8";

And in the template:
page.config.renderCharset = utf-8
page.config.metaCharset = utf-8

The database is converted to UTF8 as well.

Has anyone experienced the same problems, and found a solution, or does
anyone know of a "tjeck list" for using Typo3 with UFT8?

Regards,
Christian