[Typo3] Primary Danish newspaper group contracts Escenic Content Management software

Erik Svendsen erik at linnearad.no
Tue Oct 18 23:29:15 CEST 2005

Hello Gabriel,

> Thanks, I was not sure who else is interested in this... thanks for
> passing along my thoughts... as far as Escenic goes, I am willing to
> bet they had a much more focused sales/support department that made
> the difference (as well as the press release!), so, good for them!
>
> Maybe there is a way for TYPO3 to do this, along the lines of
> PHP[free]/Zend[$] or Mambo[free]/Joomla[$] or Fedora/Enterprise etc...
> (How could a company as well branded as "Mambo" switch to something as
> meaningless and arcane as "Joomla"? What idiots... just made TYPO3's
> job a lot easier though!)
>
> Oh, and your home/business page is very aesthetic... I love it. The
> use of color is compelling.
>
> --gabe

Thanks, always nice to get such responses on my pages. Sorry I haven't any
english version. It's a goal to get it, but it takes time. But I can tell
that my main business isn't TYPO3, but consulting in strategic leadership,
economical analyses, teambuilding and managment for hire. But I trying to
get a company up and running with services around TYPO3 as core. A bit more
than a one man company.

I'm going to follow up this, and give Sander and Sabina some reminders. The
version 4 and new logo should be a really opportunity to do some really nice
work marketing TYPO3. And I think all good ideas should be used. It's time
to use the community not only to solve technical problems, but also to help
to brand it outside todays market center.

I don't think a splitting in a free and commercial path are the right solution.
But the making of an association not only could help the development of the
core, but also contribute to a better marketing effort.

WBR,
Erik Svendsen
www.linnearad.no