[Typo3] tt_news: separate categories of different sites

Michael Scharkow mscharkow at gmx.net
Tue Oct 18 21:54:06 CEST 2005

Christoph Koehler wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have three sites on one T3 installation. I have tt_news installed and
> want to have different categories for different websites, but no matter
> where I create those categories, they always all show up in the
> category  selector for the main site.
>
> Is there a way to keep those seperated?

RTFM for tt_news. Categories can be stored in a sysfolder, and you can
use that as General Record Storage for your news page, so only
Categories that are stored there will be available.

The TS is UseStoragePid and you can read on here:
http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/tt_news/Users_manual/#oodoc_part_6308

Greetings,
Michael