[Typo3] Re: [Typo3] Re: [Typo3] Gifbuilder can't render swedish Å, Ä and Ö

Patrick Broens patrick at patrickbroens.nl
Tue Oct 18 15:05:20 CEST 2005

Hi Christopher,

A few weeks ago we installed a new server and experienced the same
problems. Do you have it also with é or ü, or is it only with the
Swedish characters? Otherwise I think you have another problem. Try
putting a space right after the characters Gifbuilder doesn't show. If
they show up then, you might have the same problems we had.

We run FreeBSD and the PHP-port had this option defined:
--enable-gd-jis-conv

When we removed it there were no problems at all. Has something to do
with the conversion of Japanese JIS characters.

I don't know if it is the right solution for you, but with our server it
worked. Just try the 'space'-workaround I mentioned before to see if
they show up, before you reconfigure PHP.

Patrick Broens