[Typo3] Some feedback to TYPO3 marketeers

Alex Heizer alex at tekdevelopment.com
Mon Oct 17 19:22:13 CEST 2005

Sander Vogels wrote:

>>"You can sit anywhere you like in our bus, we just modestly remind you
>>that we don't like colored people. However, you are free to ignore or
>>respect our wish."
>>
>>--
>>Dimitri Tarassenko
>>

>This reminds me of the old days in the early eighties when I was a punk
>all dressed in leather and spikes. It was a habit in this punk culture
>to call everybody that didn't agree with you a fascist. This was in a
>very humorous way used in the great British series 'The Young Ones'.
>The comparison you just made I label in the same line of ridiculousness
>if you don't mind.

I'm going to boycott TYPO3 because it's made in Europe, and everyone
over here knows you Europeans drive on the wrong side of the road. I
think it's wrong to drive on the wrong side of the road, so that's going
to prejudice my opinion towards T3 and its community. ;)

To anyone who thinks it's wrong for Kasper to express his wishes: how
correct is it for you to pressure him to change how he acts on his
beliefs? What he is doing through his actions is not hurting anyone.
Except, possibly, it may hurt acceptance of *his* works. That is a
choice he made. He knows the potential effects, and continues to stand
by his beliefs and actions. We have no ethical or moral right to try to
get him to change how he acts on his beliefs in this case.

Either you respect his beliefs, actions and works, or you respect none
of them. If you respect none of them then stop using his works for your
own financial gain. Take responsibility for your own words and actions
or you will not be respectable yourself.

...and I was agreeing with Sander in my own ridiculous way, not making
fun of his post... FWIW: I live in an area where being non-Christian is
something to be thought of as a bad thing, so in this case, Kasper's
personal beliefs would actually help sell TYPO3.

Alex