[Typo3] Some feedback to TYPO3 marketeers

JoH info at cybercraft.de
Mon Oct 17 15:45:58 CEST 2005

> Do you talk about the (re)moved mailing list archive? The replacement
> at netfielders
> has not the complete searchable archive, just 2005. Which is not so
> funny as this looks to me as one of the most
> valuable sources of information about Typo3.
>
> But the old archive is still available:
>
> As this thread is about marketing: what would you say if a major
> vendor from Oregon, USA would take his KnowledgeBase from
> the server? Really professional work! Nice joke, isn't it?

Well - it's stille there and available for everybody.
Go to news.netfielders.de and select from currently 63 different groups.
The english NG there starts with 26.02.2003 and contains over 49000 posts -
should be enough I guess.

But you are right.
It would have been smarter to first create a faster solution and then update
the servers or switch to another server (maybe together with some press
releases: TYPO3 knowledge base 3 times faster now!) instead of removing the
old version and telling people that it was too slow to keep it.

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
openBC: http://www.openbc.com/go/invuid/Jo_Hasenau