[Typo3] typo3 SSL encrypted pages and login

Vincent typo3 at crel.us
Mon Oct 17 15:37:24 CEST 2005

On Sat, Oct 15, 2005 at 03:09:29PM +0200, Steffen M?ller wrote:
> On 15.10.2005 08:56 Vincent wrote:
> >>
> >>Try to use the newloginbox extension.
> >

> > Ok,  I tried it, but it will not log me in.  When I enter the user and
> > password, it just redraws the page with the same form.  However, if
> > I login using the normal login form, the newloginbox shows that I am
> > logged in.  There was no documentation for the newloginbox.  Is there
> > something I have to configure after adding it to a page?
>
> Yes, there is:
> http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/newloginbox/
> Read the FAQ.
>
> --
> cheers,
> Steffen

Thanks Steffan.  I got it working.  Sorry I missed that.  Other
extensions I looked at had links to the documentation on the extension
page.  Now I know to look more carefully in both places in the future
:-).

However, the newloginbox has the same problems as the normal login box
when SSL is enabled on the quickstart site with frames.  I guess I will
take your previous suggestion at this point and send email to the
httpsenforcer author.

Regards,
Vincent