[Typo3] Setting custom cookie in Typo3 (Frontend)

tdj at c.dk tdj at c.dk
Mon Oct 17 13:45:43 CEST 2005

How do you set a custom cookie in Typo3 ?

In our company, we use a shopping cart developed in ASP. Right now, we have
one general login for customers, then they need to login again to identify
to the shopping module.

We have an idea that we can set a custom cookie, based on
logged in user name, then read that cookie from the
shopping module.

Something like
"setcookie ([username])"

How do you do such a thing ? Probably by calling a PHP function
from Typoscript, but can anyone give a simple example ?
Of course, this could be useful for other things as well.

I have not found documentation about working with custom
cookies in Typo3. Only the "logged in" cookie appears.

Regards

Torben Jensen