[Typo3] Some feedback to TYPO3 marketeers

Dimitri Tarassenko mitka at mitka.us
Mon Oct 17 03:01:10 CEST 2005

Michael,

On 10/16/05, Michael Scharkow <mscharkow at gmx.net> wrote:

> Well, I doubt we're comparing the same things here, because considering
> goals, target users and complexity, we should look at apache.org,

Sorry, you aimed too high. Typo3 is great and I love you all guys, but
it's no Apache. Don't forget Apache has 60% or more of its global
market and Typo3 would be happy to have 3-5%.

> zope.org, plone.org none of which have a forum but only lists (and news
> via gmane).

And this: http://www.zope-forum.org/forum/ ghmmm would be what? (I'll
give you plone, you may be right on that one - the forum that I did
manage to find in 5 min was Chinese forum on plone).

> I do tend to think that web forums attract a different kind of audience
> then mailing lists/newgroups. The last time I checked the non-official
> German forum, the quality of the content was vastly inferior to our
> lists. An there is probably a reason why Linux kernel developers do not
> communicate via a web forum...

Typo3 is no kernel either.

--
Dimitri Tarassenko