[Typo3] Some feedback to TYPO3 marketeers

Dimitri Tarassenko mitka at mitka.us
Mon Oct 17 02:44:29 CEST 2005

JoH,

On 10/16/05, JoH <info at cybercraft.de> wrote:
> I'm sorry to disappoint you, but in fact I got my "knowledge" of how things
> are in the US by the "occasional Dimitri" - but I think it must have been
> the 2004 version who wrote in september:
> So what is the truth now? - Are you free to practice your religion however
> you like or do you have to fear legal actions taken against you if you do
> so?

You are free to practice your religion as an employee. However, if you
as a company try to impose religious beliefs of the management on an
employee, and you are a big enough company (or a govermental
institution) you'll get sued. I don't know where did you take from my
2004 writings that "there is no place for workers for morning prayer"
- maybe you could point out? You seem to have better archive of the
maillist than typo3.org website.

> And if a lot of companies are "built on christian beliefs" and "morning
> prayer is a routine", why don't you stop complaining and simply move your
> efforts into selling TYPO3 services to them instead of "risking" to offend
> other companies with some jesus pictures in the install tool?

In fact, we have several clients like this. But if we limited our
marketing only to this niche my kids would have had nothing to eat, so
thank you but no thank you.

> BTW: If "christian propaganda" is such a big problem in the US (which I
> simply can't believe if I take a look at your president and his "mission
> from god") how do these companies survive?

They are typically small shops who can hire who they like and fire who
they like.

> And a last question: If you believe that rejecting people, behaviours or
> products out of religious reasons is "unprofessional" why would you want to
> do business with clients, that refuse to work with the best tool just
> because it uses the "wrong pictures"?

Because for a synagogue it is professional to reject christian
imagery, for example. For a developer to insist on it being placed in
a software product is not.

> I would prefer to work with professional clients ...

Wouldn't anyone? ;)))

--
Dimitri Tarassenko