[Typo3] exec_delete_query

Christian Oettinger christian.oettinger at gmx.de
Sun Oct 16 21:50:45 CEST 2005

Hi all,

I'm on my way to create my first, very simple, BE-Module: It is designed
to delete rows based on information of a csv-file*.
My questions now are regarding the log (and undo) function of typo3:

When using exec_select_query from within the BE code, will there be
automatically entries in this typo3 log?
And if yes: Whe executing one row after another with exec_select_query,
will there be one entry for each row (= each query) or may there be a
solution to achieve one entry for all these changes (all in the same
database table).

thanks for all hints!

oe (christian)

* You are choosing first the table, then the row, then you are entering
a csv-file. All rows of the chosen DB are deleted, where the chosen
field holds one value of the csv-file. I know there are dangers in this
tool, but so there are in phpMyAdmin. I am planning to use this to
delete many(!) wrong emails in tt_adress, it maybe helpful for some
other purposes too.