[Typo3] Some feedback to TYPO3 marketeers

Heiner Lamprecht heiner at heiner-lamprecht.net
Sun Oct 16 18:46:23 CEST 2005

On Sunday 16 October 2005 18:20, Dimitri Tarassenko wrote:

> On 10/16/05, Michael Stucki <michael at typo3.org> wrote:
> > We are not using a forum because newsgroups are far more
> > flexible.
>
> If your argumentation against forums was true, the majority of
> online communities would use newsgroups instead of forums. This,
> however is not the case.

Really?  Do you have any numbers?

> I am more concerned with being able to read the same stuff on all
> 5 computers that I have in different places without having to
> configure newsreaders everywhere, and an online forum would give
> me such a possibility. Right now I am using GMail.

Well, we see, that this depends a lot on how one is working.  I'm
subscribed to several mailinglists and I'm _very_ glad, that these
are no online forums.  Now I have all of them in one place and I'm
not forced to visit several websites to stay uptodate.

And, as Michael already mentioned, I have the messages right at
hand, even when I'm offline.

I can't understand the problem about searching posts:  We have a
list-archive that _is_ searchable.

Unfortunately, there is no working T3 extension that can be used as
a mailinglist archive ;-(

    Heiner

--
    heiner at heiner-lamprecht dot net    GnuPG - Key: 9859E373
  Fingerprint:  3770 7947 F917 94EF 8717 BADB 0139 7554 9859 E373