[Typo3] Some feedback to TYPO3 marketeers

Dimitri Tarassenko mitka at mitka.us
Sun Oct 16 18:20:42 CEST 2005

Michael,

On 10/16/05, Michael Stucki <michael at typo3.org> wrote:

> We are not using a forum because newsgroups are far more flexible.

If your argumentation against forums was true, the majority of online
communities would use newsgroups instead of forums. This, however is
not the case.

I am more concerned with being able to read the same stuff on all 5
computers that I have in different places without having to configure
newsreaders everywhere, and an online forum would give me such a
possibility. Right now I am using GMail.

I haven't researched the forum market sufficiently, but I had an
impression from somewhere that some forum platforms have two-way
synchronization with news servers - maybe this is the feature to look
for?

--
Dimitri Tarassenko