[Typo3] Some feedback to TYPO3 marketeers

Simon Hobbs info at urbits.com
Sun Oct 16 16:11:19 CEST 2005

Dimitri Tarassenko wrote:
> Christopher,
>
> On 10/16/05, Christopher <bedlamhotel at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>I am _absolutely_ referring to the segment of the market that may be
>>turned off as irrelevant, and will do so until someone is able to
>>demonstrate that this non-problem is actually hindering the North
>>American adoption of Typo3 in a statistically significant way.

I am irrelevant? Thanks! I'm some sort of statistical outlier! ;)

> If I am not mistaken, Simon is in Australia, and his points were made
> on Typo3 marketing as a whole. He may have referred to the US forum as
> a sample, though.

My post was generally for those interested in the success of N. American
marketing drives - a subject which I've seen debated in this forum. Some
of my points can be applied more broadly, but not by me.

All of the advice and forums I use are US. I purchase server space in
the states. I find myself embroiled in US-oriented flame-wars. Australia
is very exposed to US culture and most Australians openly embrace it.

I actually feel that I know nothing about the European internet culture.
I rarely get Google search results from Europe (I assume), probably due
to language, and I am alway surprised to find myself on a UK-flavoured site.

So, when I trawl cmsmatrix.org or opensourcecms.com, and read the
opinions, I tend to see it from a North American perspective.

Simon