[Typo3] Some feedback to TYPO3 marketeers

Christopher bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Sun Oct 16 09:12:44 CEST 2005

On 15/10/05, Dimitri Tarassenko <mitka at mitka.us> wrote:
> Christopher,
>
> On 10/15/05, Christopher <bedlamhotel at gmail.com> wrote:

> > The point that the original poster made was that Kasper's polite
> > request may turn some people off using Typo3. In the context of the
> > supposed difficulty of marketing Typo3 to North American users, this
> > is almost surely irrelevant.
>
> I am sorry, Christopher, but it looks to me like you are either
> contradicting your own statements, or referring to the segment of the
> market that may be turned off as irrelevant. True, if Typo3 is your
> "mission from God" and not merely a software project, it is irrelevant
> (like pretty much everything else secular). Or, I misunderstood you
> again.

I am _absolutely_ referring to the segment of the market that may be
turned off as irrelevant, and will do so until someone is able to
demonstrate that this non-problem is actually hindering the North
American adoption of Typo3 in a statistically significant way. I have
no reason whatsoever to believe that this 'segment' is large enough to
be worth the amount of time we've already spent discussing it, let
alone trying to 'bring them into the fold' as it were (or for that
matter that it's significant enough a body of people to be referred to
as a 'segment').

As I keep mentioning; Typo3 is a great success in Europe, this issue
notwithstanding. What reason do you have to consider it a problem on
the North American continent? I'm sorry, but the importance you attach
to this seems radically out of proportion to the known scale of the
problem.

-Christopher