[Typo3] Gifbuilder can't render swedish Å, Ä and Ö

Andreas Wagner andreas.wagner at klee.se
Sat Oct 15 13:03:43 CEST 2005

Hi. I've been trying to get Gifbuilder to handle the headers on my site,
but it fails to write the Swedish letters Å, Ä and Ö. I have tried with
several truetype fonts, so my conclusion is that it's gotta have
something to do with the internal charsets or something.

The database is using utf-8, and has collation latin_1_swedish_ci set.
renderCharset and metaCharset in config is set to iso-8859-1 (if this
matters).

I am using Typo3 3.8 on a FreeBSD server with apache 2 and PHP 4.3.11.
All the graphics testing in the install tool seems to pass.

My typoscript setup for header 1:

lib.stdheader.10.1 = IMAGE
lib.stdheader.10.1 {
   wrap = <div class="graphicalHeader">|</div>
   alttext.cObject = TEXT
   alttext.cObject.field = header
   alttext.cObject.insertData = 1
   file = GIFBUILDER