[Typo3] typo3 SSL encrypted pages and login

Vincent typo3 at crel.us
Sat Oct 15 08:56:31 CEST 2005

On Fri, Oct 14, 2005 at 11:23:41PM +0200, Steffen M?ller wrote:
> On 12.10.2005 07:43 Vincent wrote:
> >
> > Ok, I tested it with a frameless static template on the quickstart site.
> > The login page worked properly under SSL and the rest of the site was
> > not encrypted after logging in, which I would consider correct behavior.
> > Only one thing did not seem to work properly.  The login element on the
> > front page did not know I was logged in and still showed the login form,
> > so I still had to go to the separate login page to log out.
>

> Try to use the newloginbox extension.

Ok,  I tried it, but it will not log me in.  When I enter the user and
password, it just redraws the page with the same form.  However, if
I login using the normal login form, the newloginbox shows that I am
logged in.  There was no documentation for the newloginbox.  Is there
something I have to configure after adding it to a page?

Again, you can try it at
http://www.crel.us/quickstart/
and clicking on "click here to login".
username=joe
password=goalkeeper

Both login forms are on the page.

--
Avoid the VeriSign/Network Solutions domain registration trap!
Read how Network Solutions (NSI) was involved in stealing our domain name.