[Typo3] collapse to the page what it was rather than frontpage?

Bing Du du_bing at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 14 18:19:45 CEST 2005

Hi Thorsten,

Thorsten Kahler wrote:

> Hi Bing,
>
> why do you cut off TYPO3s functionalities, if you want to use them?
>
> What about the "basic version"?
>
> temp.nav.1 = TMENU
> temp.nav.1 {
>     expAll = 0
>     collapse = 1
>     wrap = <ul> | </ul>
>     NO {
>       wrapItemAndSub = <li> | </li>
> # needed???      ATagParams = onfocus="blurLink(this);" onclick="return
> toggleSubmenu(this);"
>     }
>
>     ACT < .NO
>     ACT = 1
> }

Thanks much for your response.  I like your much shorter code.  We need
that Javascript code primarily for setting certain style for selected
menu items.  I've tried your code. It doesn't do much difference from my
code though.

The issue is still there.  The menu item does not show the same page
before it's expanded and after it's collapsed.  I don't quite understand
the nature of this issue.  When you hover before expanding a menu item,
the URL showed at the bottom of the browser is
http://www.my.edu/help-support.  After the menu is expanded, when you
hover over the same menu item again, the URL changes to
http://www.my.edu.    Similar behaviour with other deeper level menus
items.  So if the URL is http://www.my.edu/help-support/help-centers
before expanding, the URL becomes http://www.my.edu/help-support after
collapsing.  No wonder it shows its parent page after collapsing.  But why?

Bing