[Typo3] Integrate Typo3 in Windows XP

Michael Scharkow mscharkow at gmx.net
Fri Oct 14 17:23:08 CEST 2005

Andreas Balzer wrote:

> Then it would be nice, if the BE Users would be able to upload pages from
> word, because the users who should write pages have not really the time to
> learn how typo3 works. You know, the best way would be, if they are able
> just to write Typo3 Content elements like doc files in Windows..

Well, they are not BE users at all then, right? How is this supposed to
work? You upload some word file to some server, than the server reads
the users minds and processes the file in some way? How's that even
TYPO3 related if you don't want people do use TYPO3?

> - but even
> that could be too difficult for them.. (just image some old people who never
> used a computer and you say, "just click here and there and everywhere..
> press that and this key here and voila your new article" :) They wouldn't
> understand anything.. So it has to be easy..
>
> Any solutions?

Let the users upload their word files to some server via ftp (I'm sure
that's simple enough in XP), possibly in some directory structure (if
you can get your users to understand that), let a cronjob recurse
through the directories and and convert doc-files to html. Then insert
some menu code (gathered from the directory structure) into every HTML
file. No TYPO3 needed.

Greetings,
Michael