[Typo3] extension of the pages table

JoH info at cybercraft.de
Fri Oct 14 15:54:01 CEST 2005

>> I need to extend the pages table via a custom extension which to
>> categorize certain pages.
>  > This would allow me to select a given category for each page.
>  > The problem is that if I do this, the categorization would appear
> on all pages in the site.
>
>  > Is there any way of limiting which pages would have this field?
>>

> This is not possible. because a field in the pages table can only be
> available for each data record.

Don't think so.
AFAIK you can exclude/include fields of the pages table with page TS config.
This way they are available in the DB but not used in the BE-form and thus
can't be modified by the users.
Never did that myself though, but I think there should be some docs outthere
describing how it works.

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
openBC: http://www.openbc.com/go/invuid/Jo_Hasenau