[Typo3] realurl kills install tool

Christoph Koehler christoph.koehler at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 15:47:22 CEST 2005

Hey,

thanks for your answer!

> Found the answer? (Would be interested, too.)

Nope, haven't yet. Since I don't use the install tool often, I have just
disabled realUrl, changed what I needed, and enabled it again.

> I've noticed that if I do not use
>    RewriteRule (\.html|/)$ /index.php
>
> but rather the basic
>    RewriteRule .* index.php
>
> in my htaccess then it works, haven't had the time to find out why.

And this doesn't break anything? If not, I will try that!

> Also, if I use a htaccess in the typo3 directory for authentication
> realurl doesn't like it. Again, this could probably be solved, but I
> haven't yet.

I do have .htaccess authentication as well, but for some reason I never
had a problem with this before. It workes fine, and then one day the whole
thing stops working...