[Typo3] menu item image gets cut off or truncated

Vincent typo3 at crel.us
Wed Oct 12 09:05:30 CEST 2005

Hello.

This might be considered an install issue.  I am not sure.

On standard static templates such as "RE", that generate a gif image for
menu items, the menu items are getting truncated if they are more than
just a few characters long.  For example, if I have a page named
"dialog", it truncates the menu item to "dial" and part of the "o" is
visible.

Does anybody know what would cause this?  I assume it is some kind of
graphics rendering problem.  I went over all the settings under "Image
Processing" in the install tool and everything seems to display
correctly for all the tests except for one.  The first test, "Combine
using a GIF mask with only black and white" is inverted so the green
mask is at the top on the server, but at the bottom on the reference
image.  I tried changing the settings for im_negate_mask/im_imvMaskState
but it had no effect.  I don't know if this could be related to the menu
entry image rendering problem.

I am running:
    typo3-3.8.0
    ImageMagick-6.2.3.0
    gd-2.0.33
    NetBSD-2.x
    apache-2.0.54

However, the menu items have the same rendering problem on my hosting
site running Linux which us running a little bit older versions of
ImageMagick and apache-1.3.x.

--
Avoid the VeriSign/Network Solutions domain registration trap!
Read how Network Solutions (NSI) was involved in stealing our domain name.