[Typo3] Galileo awstat configuration

Christopher bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 18:23:45 CEST 2005

Hi,

On 11/10/05, Roberts, Emma <Emma.Roberts at isd.csa.scot.nhs.uk> wrote:
> Hi, I'm trying to use Galileo Awstat and have installed the extenstion but
> am getting this error when I go to the page:
>
> ERROR:
> No logfiles found in directory ''
> The logfiles have to be named *.log or *log*.txt
> examples: my-domain.log logfile.txt website-log.txt
>
> Obviously I've missed a step.  Can anyone help?

Well, you'll need to create a logfile - but I suggest you check into
this extension before using it on publicly accessible sites: it hasn't
been updated in the repository since 29-10-04, and was the subject
(along with the other available awstats extensions) of a security
bulletin on 12-08-05 [1].

The cc_awstats extension _has_ been updated, and has a good manual
besides (though stats are only accessible to admin users I believe).

-Christopher

[1] http://news.typo3.org/news/article/security-bulletin-typo3-20050812-1-copy-1/