[Typo3] New web project: am I choosing the right product?

giovanni rana grana11 at msn.com
Mon Oct 10 13:59:23 CEST 2005

Hi,
I'm going to start a new web project. It is going to be a site for archiving
documents in different areas accessible form different user groups (with
access control that links areas and groups).
I would also like to publish news, on the site and via RSS.
I would also need a calendar for the users and a feature to allow them to
exchange messages (also external mail would do).

I've done few tests with Mambo, but it seems to me that it lacks the
security framework to handle the access of specific areas only to specific
user groups.

I was wondering if Typo3 can be a clever choice. Any idea ? Am I looking at
the wrong tool?
Any suggestion is welcome, also about other products that you can suggest me
(in the Open Source community)

Thank you in advance for your help.
G.