[Typo3] How can duplicate a typo3 site ?

Darren Clark typo3 at cwebd.co.uk
Mon Oct 10 13:49:08 CEST 2005

On Fri, Oct 07, 2005 at 07:22:38PM +0200, Alexander Maringer wrote:
> Make a mysqldump of your database, make an archive of your installation. Put
> everything on the destination system, apply the database dump to the new
> database, extract the arcive, modify the localconf.php in typo3conf and
> everything will run fine.

You could also use the extension w4x_backup which creates a full backup.
This takes a database dump and backs up all all the file system
directories required to do a full install.

Therefore you can do the following:

- On production machine, run full backup via the typo3 interface
- Download the file to your dev machine
- Setup new database, untar dummy typo3 setup in new directory
- Untar the full backup, import the database (inside typo3temp dir) and copy the directories
  into the blank install
- Go into the typo3conf directory and remove any temp* files
- You should then be able to login to your dev setup and it should be an
  exact replica of the production setup.

--
Darren