[Typo3] Using special chars in the page title

Markus Friedrich markus.friedrich at media-lights.de
Mon Oct 10 11:17:43 CEST 2005

Hi List!

I want to create a website in several languages, among them is polish and
czech. Now I've a problem with the special chars used in these languages,
the chars are typical converted to something like this "ůj". This works
very well but in the page title "<title></title>" it doesn't. The page title
is parsed through htmlspecialchars() - located in
"tslib/class.tslib_pagegen.php". Htmlspecialchars converts the "&" in
"&amp;" and the code will not be interpreted by the browser.

I can't see a possibility to use special chars in the title, perhaps anyone
of you has a solution...

Best Regards
Markus Friedrich