[Typo3] user edit restrict to xyz.css

Torsten Schrade schrade at lineara.de
Mon Oct 10 07:05:07 CEST 2005

Hi Simon,

> I have read the feature list thoroughly and some of the user guides, but
> just to be really sure, can I please have some feedback on this
> requirement, which I'll describe as a workflow:
>
> 1. "Writer" logs in. Only has security access to edit some articles.
Yes. If it's articles only you can use the very good "tt_news"
extension. You can then easily allow the user to edit only specific
fields from the extension tables (see "access fields" in documentation).

> 2. Finds an article and clicks the edit button.
Yes.

> 3. Edits the article, but is *not* allowed to use *any* html mark-up
> *except* pre-defined styles in, for example, "/article.css".
Yes. You should use the powerful "htmlarea" RTE extension which has very
good filtering of html. This RTE supports all the major modern browsers.
Additionally you can define a specific .css file that includes the
styles a user can asign to his/her content.

Have a look at the two extensions and their documentations in TER. That
should explain everything.

Have fun,
Torsten