[Typo3] user-created homepages, commentable articles and more...

Ries van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Mon Oct 10 04:21:17 CEST 2005

Yann SADOK wrote:

>Hello,
>
>YES you can do this with Typo3 and more.
>
>You need to install some extensions, available on the Typo3 repository, like
>:
>
>FE users  with login box and so for users registered on your website
>Freesite for  user created homepage

I don't think that freesite will work here. From what I know and read
about freesite it's about setting up a new website.
Maintenance of such site (homepage...) needs BE access and I don't think
that you want anybody want see or work with the BE
without some training, not to mentional security...

>TT News for the latest news
>Dmail subscription and extended for your newsletters
>Several calendar are available, you have to choose one of them
>And you have extensions for forums too.

I assume that fe users need to have there own calender, personally I
dodn't work with any of them yet
but I would lookout for a extention that a FE user can edit it. This is
different then frontend editing (which
is basivle BE editing on the frontend...)

>You have to read more perhaps on the typo3.org to choose the best extensions
>for you...
>
>Of course, if you have never used Typo3 before you will have some
>difficulties to make your site. To used typo3 needs to have some
>experiences, tests of typo3 and several nights to learn how use it.

Indeed... starting with typo3 can sometimes be differcult depending on
how much you read before, also
some docs tend to get outdated nowdays.
#typo3 on freenode is a good source for quick discussions (they don't
make your site though...)
and ofcourse this mailinglist...