[Typo3] Can a BE user has the same username of a FE user ?

JoH info at cybercraft.de
Sun Oct 9 00:59:31 CEST 2005

> Can a Backend user has the same username of a FE user ? Or they must
> be different ? In my case, my editors are also community member (
> they are volunteer ) and i think they wish to have signed with thei
> FE username what they insert into the website.

Of course they can have the same name since both BE- and FE-users are stored
in different tables.
It would be good practice and more comfortable (for the users and for you as
the admin) if their username would be the same for both BE and FE.
You could even use the extension for automatice BE-login of FE-users, where
you can assign a BE-user to the FE-user.

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
openBC: http://www.openbc.com/go/invuid/Jo_Hasenau