[Typo3] Odd and even items in HMENU (again)

Dmitrii Dimandt dmitriid at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 13:19:50 CEST 2005

On 10/5/05, JoH <info at cybercraft.de> wrote:
> > Well, I'm still stuck with the problem of displaying even and odd
> > items of an HMENU separately (or, rather, any items, not just odd and
> > even)
> >
> > I was pointed in the direction of this solution:
> > http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/doc_core_tsref/if/
> > (bottom of the page)
> >
> > However, even though I understand the concept of using ifs for this
> > particular problem, I can't understand how to use it.
> >
> > What I am hopefully looking for is the following algoryhtm:
> > - take a menu item
> > - if its page uid is ok, display it
> >   -else skip it
>
> What do you mean by "if its page uid is OK"?
> What is "OK" in this case and what is "not OK"?

Well, what I need is this. I need to display some of a menu's items on
the left side of the page and display other items on the right side of
the page.  Moreover. I want to have, let's say, items 1, 2, 5 of the menu on the
right and items 3, 4 and 6 on the left.

> Maybe you don't need "if" but a simple excludeUidList.
>
> Joey

Shoot :)) I do really need to learn to read documentation carefully.
It was right there in front of my eyes.