[Typo3] deleting all tables without the database itself

Florian Schaeffer florian.schaeffer at mercoline.de
Wed Oct 5 10:47:44 CEST 2005

Hello Roman,

>> ok if thats the way it goes Ill do it. I was just wondering if there
>> might be a way to do that directly on the shell.

Hmm don't beat me for this, but the easiest way do this is

- presuming you don't need or have table rights but only db rights
granted to some users and you are able to stop and restart the mysql-daemon.

Simply stop the db on the shell. Enter the data folder for your db, and
choose the subdirectory of you desired database. Delete all files. Start db.

Takes about 20 seconds and after that all tables are gone without any
hassle in the db.

Florian