[Typo3] Problems installing extensions

David Cake dave at difference.com.au
Tue Oct 4 12:58:38 CEST 2005

At 8:52 AM +0100 23/9/05, David Cake wrote:
>	I have a typo3 install (3.8.0 upgraded from 3.6, running on
>Debian Linux) in which extensions do not seem to install.
>	If I click on install, it tells me the database needs to be
>updated (or other install as necessary), and then when I click
>through, I am returned to the Ext manager screen showing the
>extension as uninstalled. No error message, just installing doesn't
>seem to do anything.
>	I am fairly sure that its not a mysql permissions problem -
>the problem seems to persist even if mysql runs as the root user who
>should have permission to make any changes.
>	Any ideas where I start looking to debug this?

	I have tried lots of things and I am still getting nowhere --
any more ideas?

At 11:00 AM +0300 23/9/05, Dmitry Dulepov wrote:
>Firsts, permissions on typo3/conf/ext and typo3conf/localconf.php
>Second, set error_reporting to 1 in install took and see if you have any
>PHP errors/warnings.

	I am not sure what is meant by typo3/conf/ext - I couldn't
find any such location in my install.
	typo3conf/localconf.php definitely has the right permissions.
I have tried setting error_reporting and every other setting that had
something to do with error reporting, and I am still not finding any
errors, very strange.
	Regards
		David