[Typo3] Odd and even items in HMENU

JoH info at cybercraft.de
Tue Oct 4 11:43:39 CEST 2005

>>> I'm currently facing a problem where I have to split a menu between
>>> two columns on a page.
>>>
>>> I'm thinking of putting odd items on the left and even items on the
>>> right. I wonder if this can be easily done through HMENU or I have
>>> to go ahead and dig  into sitemap's TS.
>>
>> Can't it be done by CSS by given even and odds different classes? Or
>> do you talk of table columns?
>>
>> Elmar
>
> Krystian, exactly! :)

Sorry - but in this case it is not very useful since you don't need a
special "closing" code atfer an odd number of items.
The example I posted to the "if" section of TSref is for a table based
solution only. In this case we needed a trailing <td></td> to make the table
code valid.
In your case the challenge is just having different classes for the items so
the solution is a simple optionSplit.

The rest can be done with simple CSS positioning and/or alignments.

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
openBC: http://www.openbc.com/go/invuid/Jo_Hasenau