[Typo3] Typo3 and remote MSSQL access

Patrick Gaumond gaumondpatrick at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 4 00:09:34 CEST 2005

Dan Nguyen wrote:
> I'm trying to query data from an MSSQL server using php functions like
> mssql_connect, mssql_select_db, etc. but it appeared not working.  Does
> anyone know how to get it work, or does it work at all?  From php.net,
> it said FreeTDS needs to be installed.  Is that the case?

We've been running queries on an external MSSQL Server for more than 2
years with TYPO3 3.5 and the extension "Custom Tags".

See the Tutorial section of the extension:
http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/de_custom_tags/Tutorials/

I don't even know what is FreeTDS... We used ODBC to connect.

Good luck!

Patrick