[Typo3] Is TYPO3 used in amarica at all

Patrick Gaumond gaumondpatrick at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 4 00:05:48 CEST 2005

Elmar Hinz wrote:

> But it seems that typo3 is still a very european project, although it is
> based on the internet and on international standards. What is the reason
> for this? Do they have a secret os-cms-project overthere, that can
> compare typo3?

1- TYPO3 is not made in USA.
2- TYPO3 use weird date format.
3- TYPO3 prefer UK english and has lots of mistakes.
4- Open Source is communism.
5- You will keep your client with a custom made CMS, not with a CMS wich
is free(beer and money) to use.
6- TYPO3 is not made in USA.

Point 1 and 6 are maybe the main points.  ;)

Also, the fact that there was no English book available made it look too
much like a minor software. Now it's corrected.

By the way, I've found about 45 full websites (with their own domain) in
Province of Québec(Canada) so far. Things will change but will take time.

Patrick
Québec City