[Typo3] My plugin is not visible on the frontend

Elmar Hinz elmar.hinz at vcd-berlin.de
Mon Oct 3 17:50:34 CEST 2005

Leo Barrientos C. wrote:
> Hi there!!!, i 've a trouble because my pluging is not showing on the
> web . The plugin is installed and selected but i think this is a problem
> with the template. How can i make a template for a plugin?

The Kickstarter uses the function t3lib_extMgm::addPItoST43 to include
the class, the setup etc.

43 was the id of "content default" static template, wich isn't unique
anymore since css_styled_content or other base templates are in use,
that have othr id's. Therefore this function won't work for sure and you
better let the user include your template by hand.

current tt_news fresh from the TER guides you the way, if I rightly
remember.

In tables.php you need to define your static template so that it can be
included in the admin tool. Use the typoscript browser to discover what
other extensions do in the template:

* including the class
* defining a USER or USER_INT that calls the class in the constructor
under the toplevel plugin as userFunc
* copying the result to tt_content.list.20.yourplugin

Hope this gets you started.

Regards

Elmar

--
Climate change 2005: New Orleans, Sahel, Bangladesh, Spain, Portugal,
Austria, Swiss, France, ...