[Typo3] simulate static? pros and cons

Jean-Baptiste Rio triphot69 at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 3 11:02:43 CEST 2005

Dmitry Dulepov wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Jay Austad wrote:
>
>>Can anyone give me a list of reasons why I might want to simulate
>>static pages?
>

> Much better Google indexing -- much more visitors to your site.
>
> Urls are easier to remember -- looks more atractive (compare
> "http://mydomain.com/index.php?id=25843" with
> "http://mydomain.com/Cheapest_auto_parts.25843.html").
>
> Dmitry.

+1

Google indexing is the most interesting reason.

Plus, the fact that it is Typo3 core function and not an external
extension. It works fine, it's fast and, for my point of view, the best
advantage is that it's MySQL free-consuming (no intermediate table as it
is in the my RealURL extension, if i remember well).

Just M2P

Jean-Baptiste