[Typo3] Is TYPO3 used in amarica at all

Christopher bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 04:45:18 CEST 2005

Hi,

On 02/10/05, Elmar Hinz <elmar.hinz at vcd-berlin.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> regularly at our european midnight the typo3.english is getting very
> silent. In times of internet this seems to be a little surprising. I
> would espect that traffic from south and north amarica would still be
> ongoing and later that of asian and australien people.
>
> But it seems that typo3 is still a very european project, although it is
> based on the internet and on international standards. What is the reason
> for this? Do they have a secret os-cms-project overthere, that can
> compare typo3?

To answer the last question, no, there isn't anything in particular
that's better over here (Canada). I think that the issue is mainly
that people haven't caught on yet - there aren't many people with
enough experience with T3 that you'd want to hire them. Where I am
(West Coast), there are also a couple of good and a couple of bad
proprietary CMS products that people are using, but the small outfit I
work with is building its fifth small Typo3 based site since June...

-Christopher