[Typo3] google searchable newsgroups

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Sun Oct 2 13:54:44 CEST 2005

Hey Ries and Michael!

>>Yes, very sad.
>>Can't we have a real forum on Typo3.org? It seems strange that we don't.
>>Would CHC forum work?
>>
>>The archive is a huge body of hard-to-find information about Typo3.
>>Sometimes, it's absolutely essential for me. A lot of the questions on the
>>list are ones that have been answered before, but are now lost.
>>
>>Why not a forum?

Because a forum is too slow and unconfortable compared to newsgroups. I
wonder if you ever tried to use them?

> Why not simply generate HTML of all mails and put that staticly online.
> This is not at all any performance hit of anykind.
> Then let google index it or use something like mnoGoSearch
> (http://search.mnogo.ru/)
> index all static pages (this can be done overnight).

I don't get the problem. We HAVE all mails online, just follow the links on
typo3.org and you will be forwarded to http://lists.netfielders.de/. And
yes it is indexed by Google but also covers a local search engine (it's
Namazu).

- michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out