[Typo3] update extension?

Elmar Hinz elmar.hinz at vcd-berlin.de
Sun Oct 2 00:02:58 CEST 2005

Bing Du wrote:
> In Ext Manager, I see two options in the 'Import/Update to:' field:
>
> Global: typo3/ext/sg_glossary/ (empty)
>
> If I want to upgrade this extension, should I choose Global or Local?
> The glossary entries I've entered should be retained after upgrade, right?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Bing

Hi Bing,

obviously global is empty so there is nothing to update. The system
offers you to overwrite the existing old extension in local, which is
what you want to do.

Old entries live in the DB and shouldn't be affected by an update. To
get the ultimative securety, please make a backup before updating.

Elmar

--
Climate change 2005: New Orleans, Sahel, Bangladesh, Spain, Portugal,
Austria, Swiss, France, ...