[Typo3] google searchable newsgroups

Ries van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Sun Oct 2 00:15:23 CEST 2005

J. Michael Adams wrote:

><snip....>
>

>Yes, very sad.
>Can't we have a real forum on Typo3.org? It seems strange that we don't.
>Would CHC forum work?
>
>The archive is a huge body of hard-to-find information about Typo3.
>Sometimes, it's absolutely essential for me. A lot of the questions on the
>list are ones that have been answered before, but are now lost.
>
>Why not a forum?
>
>- Michael

hey all,

Why not simply generate HTML of all mails and put that staticly online.
This is not at all any performance hit of anykind.
Then let google index it or use something like mnoGoSearch
(http://search.mnogo.ru/)
index all static pages (this can be done overnight).

Google and mnoGoSearch does a very very good job in ranking,
much better then indexed search does IMHO for these kinda data.

I am willing to ask my employer to give us the webspace for all mails
put it online,
even if it's only for a couple of months or longer and I don't need
sponcers for that to...

just my to cents, let me know and I put my efford in it.t

cheers,
Ries van Twisk