[Typo3] 500000 images in /typo3temp folder

Valery Romanchev it at webmed.ru
Wed Nov 30 21:31:12 CET 2005

Hello
I have some support tasks on TYPO3 site which has nearly 350000 images in
/typo3temp folder and will have more in short time.

This images are prodused by a custom extension, something like
photo-gallery.
System works on FreeBSD.

Can this large number of files produce problems?

I consider to rewrite this custom extension, or may be simply correct TS of
it.
I think alternativeTempPath with some conditions to original file date can
solve this problem.
So I think it is good to have something like this:
/typo3temp/200511/
/typo3temp/200512/
/typo3temp/200601/
etc