[Typo3] rtehtmlarea and bulletlist formatting

Christopher bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 19:28:36 CET 2005

Hi again,

On 30/11/05, Patrick Rodacker <rod at biba.uni-bremen.de> wrote:
> Hi Christopher,
>
> thank you so far for your effort. I am aware of the CSS and TS
> techniques to support a scenario where a key color is set to specific
> branches of the pagetree, but the situation I am facing is more complex.
>
> Christopher wrote on 30.11.2005 17:02:
> > Sorry, I managed not to read that in your first message. In any case,
> > if this is all you're needing to do, then your lists still do _not_
> > need any additional class or id attributes:
>
> Well, thats not exactly all I want to do. My first intension to solve
> the problem was not to discuss the whole setup, but to search for a
> possible solution about configuring the RTE (rtehtmlarea).
>
> Let me explain the complete approach to clear some issues.
>
> First of all I am not in the position to influence the layout (HTML
> templates) or the workflow of the editors. I am only asked to solve
> specific problems. So the editors of the site are going to use the RTE
> to produce unordered lists and they will use the bulletlist content
> element as well. The bulletlist content element has two layouts for a
> one column and a tow columns display. The display with two columns does
> nested DIVs. It is possible that other styles for lists will be added
> later. IMHO your approach to support a setup with key colors on specific
> branches is fine if you use only one type of unordered lists, but this
> will not work within the setup I am facing, because the lists rendered
> via the content element should not contain any images, but the ones
> rendered via the RTE do.
>
> Using the 'content (default)' template it was possible to assign a class
> to the '<ul>' tag of the content element and it was possible to define
> the two different layouts. But the setup for the RTE using the following
>  code doesn't have any effect so it was not possible to assign a class
> to the lists coming from the RTE.
>
> > tt_content.20.text.parseFunc.tags.typolist.default.wrap = <ul
> > class="my-class"> | </ul>
>

> Alternatively we used the 'css_styled_content' template, which allowed
> me to define an additional class tag for the '<ul>' tag within the RTE
> using the shipped 'parseFunc_RTE':
>
> lib.parseFunc_RTE.externalBlocks.ul {
>  stdWrap >
>  stdWrap.HTMLparser=1
>  stdWrap.HTMLparser.tags.ul.overrideAttribs=class="Bullet{$dyn_areaRow}"
> }
>
> Unfortunately the 'css_styled_content' uses a user function for
> (tx_cssstyledcontent_pi1->render_table) the rendering of the bulletlist
> content element. This conflicted with the two intended layouts mentioned
> above.
>
> My solution approach which is working right now is to use the template
> 'css_styled_content' and to redefine the rendering of the bullelist
> content element by using the code from the 'content (default)' template.
>
> Christopher, I really appreciate your help and maybe I should have been
> [...]

Ok, so the situation is definitely more complex than it appeared ;-)

This:

stdWrap.HTMLparser.tags.ul.overrideAttribs=class="Bullet{$dyn_areaRow}"

...was a good solution.

I can't be much help with the 'content (default)' template since I've
avoided it ever since CSS Styled Content appeared. With respect to the
'bullets' content item, it's just a TS object, so you can change it as
needed, and even add more than one option (e.g. by adding a CASE to
it--see the tt_content.menu object, and some items to
TCEform.tt_content in Page TSconfig). Of course, considering how wide
of the target my answers in this thread have been so far, you've
already done this ;-)

So have you fully solved the issue?

-Christopher