[Typo3] rtehtmlarea and bulletlist formatting

Patrick Rodacker rod at biba.uni-bremen.de
Wed Nov 30 19:10:02 CET 2005

Hi Christopher,

thank you so far for your effort. I am aware of the CSS and TS
techniques to support a scenario where a key color is set to specific
branches of the pagetree, but the situation I am facing is more complex.

Christopher wrote on 30.11.2005 17:02:
> Sorry, I managed not to read that in your first message. In any case,
> if this is all you're needing to do, then your lists still do _not_
> need any additional class or id attributes:

Well, thats not exactly all I want to do. My first intension to solve
the problem was not to discuss the whole setup, but to search for a
possible solution about configuring the RTE (rtehtmlarea).

Let me explain the complete approach to clear some issues.

First of all I am not in the position to influence the layout (HTML
templates) or the workflow of the editors. I am only asked to solve
specific problems. So the editors of the site are going to use the RTE
to produce unordered lists and they will use the bulletlist content
element as well. The bulletlist content element has two layouts for a
one column and a tow columns display. The display with two columns does
nested DIVs. It is possible that other styles for lists will be added
later. IMHO your approach to support a setup with key colors on specific
branches is fine if you use only one type of unordered lists, but this
will not work within the setup I am facing, because the lists rendered
via the content element should not contain any images, but the ones
rendered via the RTE do.

Using the 'content (default)' template it was possible to assign a class
to the '<ul>' tag of the content element and it was possible to define
the two different layouts. But the setup for the RTE using the following
 code doesn't have any effect so it was not possible to assign a class
to the lists coming from the RTE.

> tt_content.20.text.parseFunc.tags.typolist.default.wrap = <ul
> class="my-class"> | </ul>

Alternatively we used the 'css_styled_content' template, which allowed
me to define an additional class tag for the '<ul>' tag within the RTE
using the shipped 'parseFunc_RTE':

lib.parseFunc_RTE.externalBlocks.ul {
 stdWrap >
 stdWrap.HTMLparser=1
 stdWrap.HTMLparser.tags.ul.overrideAttribs=class="Bullet{$dyn_areaRow}"
}

Unfortunately the 'css_styled_content' uses a user function for
(tx_cssstyledcontent_pi1->render_table) the rendering of the bulletlist
content element. This conflicted with the two intended layouts mentioned
above.

My solution approach which is working right now is to use the template
'css_styled_content' and to redefine the rendering of the bullelist
content element by using the code from the 'content (default)' template.

Christopher, I really appreciate your help and maybe I should have been
more specific about the problem from the beginning, but due to the
restrictions I am dealing with I thought I limit the question to the
point where I thought a solution should be applied.

Maybe my approach is not the smartest or wrong in another way, but right
now I have a solution that works. I am happy to get some more comments
on this issue ... I still think I have missed something and I am still
curious about the RTE configuration and the usage of the 'content
(default)' template.

Best regads
Patrick