[Typo3] crashes due to IM4.2.9

Dimitri Tarassenko mitka at mitka.us
Wed Nov 30 16:49:11 CET 2005

On 11/30/05, Vincnet <cu at vincnet.nl> wrote:

> It's not the same image, it happened on several images on different
> typo3 installs. There were no problems with this image and the other
> images before.

Here is how you troubleshoot it -

1. If there was no problem before and the problem can be reproduced
(i.e. you clear out the cache, reconvert the images and it crashes at
the same place) you need to be looking for changes in the software
(new libjpeg/libpng libraries, anything IM is linked to). Do a ldd
convert and see what's used.

2. If the problem is sporadic and can not be reproduced I would start
looking for hardware failures.

> Question: why is an image re-converted? Does this happen "spontaneously"?

Clearing the cache may trigger it, I suppose. Some extensions clear
the cache when you install/deinstall them.

--
Dimitri Tarassenko