[Typo3] crashes due to IM4.2.9

Vincnet cu at vincnet.nl
Wed Nov 30 09:59:49 CET 2005

Dimitri Tarassenko wrote:
> On 11/29/05, Vincnet <cu at vincnet.nl> wrote:
>

>>We are experiencing server crashes, due to IM4.2.9. It goes wrong in the
>>convert. It appears...
>>For some reason (someone knows why?) an image that's just doing fine for
>>some weeks is rewritten to typo3temp/pics. And during this proces, the
>>convert hangs, causes server overload and eventually (if it's not
>>noticed) a crash.
>>It occurs every now and then. The image remains partly converted, see this:
>

> If it's the SAME image that sometimes converts and sometimes doesn't,
> I would run a stress-test of the server RAM.
>
> It it's the SAME image that can always reproduce the crash, I'd be
> interested in a copy;)
>
> --
> Dimitri Tarassenko

It's not the same image, it happened on several images on different
typo3 installs. There were no problems with this image and the other
images before.

Question: why is an image re-converted? Does this happen "spontaneously"?

BTW: months ago we experienced something like this crash also on a
PDF-file, but we cannot relate that to this situation, because back then
we thought it was malformed PDF. But it points toward server behavior.

So I'll get my administrator to look for logs etc. and I'll post the
relevant lines here asap.

Thanks so far.

Vincent